Accelerating European Media Innovation
MediaRoad Final Conference and EBU Media Innovation event
Innovation is essential to ensure the sustainability and development of Europe’s media and creative industries in an increasingly global and competitive market place.
Join us for the Accelerating European Media Innovation event and find out more about the latest media technology developments.
Come and discuss the future media research and innovation projects and policy priorities for 2021-2027.
Experience the exciting on-site demos and listen to experts and professionals analyse influencing trends in the media space.
For the last two years, MediaRoad, a Horizon 2020 funded project, has been supporting the transformation of the European media sector by building an ecosystem for innovation and strengthening collaboration between researchers, content creators, broadcasters and start-ups.
The European Broadcasting Union, one of the MediaRoad shareholders, has been driving media innovation with and on behalf of its member organizations for nearly 70 years. The EBU Technology & Innovation department (T&I) fosters and coordinates the development, standardization and adoption of key innovations that benefit public service media, the European media sector and its audiences. T&I will present key developments and unveil new ones.
The event is free of charge
The EBU has 119 member organizations in 56 countries in Europe and an additional 33 Associates in Asia, Africa, Australasia and the Americas, which operate nearly 2,000 television and radio channels alongside numerous online platforms.
Programme and organisation
|Agata Patecka||Joelle Etienne||MediaRoad|
|MediaRoad Project Manager||EBU Office Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|+32 2 286 91 27||+32 2 286 91 02|
You can download the programme here.
Your online registration is mandatory, to coordinate the planning and catering. You may either go to the event registration page or secure your ticket below.
A media ecosystem for innovation
- Introduction to panel disucssion - Judy Parnall, BBC
- Policy Hub - A vision for European meda innovation - Prof Luciano Morganti, imec
- Sandbox Hub, a European network of media innovation accelerators - Sarah Geeroms, VRT
Lightning Talks: Influencing trends in the media sector:
- EuroVox Ben Poor, EBU T&I
- AI and Media: “Our journey with AI” Leonard Bouchet, RTS
- SOMA Disinfobservatory Nikos Sarris, ATC Innovation Lab
- 5G MAG Darko Ratkaj, EBU T&I
- Immersive Media Laura Saenger, TVN Connect
- Creative media clusters Prof Lizzie Jackson, London South Bank University & Dr Michal Glowacki, University of Warsaw
- How to foster innovation and creativity in a media environment Francesco Lomonaco, RTS
Media Innovation on stage:
- MediaRoad SkillBytes Helene Rauby-Matta, EBU Academy
- Sandbox prize winners: Newsbridge (France), On-Hertz (Belgium)
Highlights of the event