Content and Digital Innovation in a Multi-Platform World
The term “Multi-platform” is the combination of words that show the pluralism of content providers and the emergence of a wide range of distribution actors in addition to the conventional linear media. The “multi-platform ecosystem” is the new trend of media convergence and the expansion of the multi-channel platforms. Consumers often adapt their preferences and alternate between the conventional media and the new generation of media.
The workshop, organized at the “Monte Carlo Television Festival 2018” by the European Coordination of Independent Producers (CEPI), will focus on these main aspects:
- How Convergence influences media systems on political, economic, social and cultural aspect and at local, national and global level.
- How Content production, distribution and consumption is accelerated and facilitated by the new technological developments.
- Skills and digital literacy are of high importance in order to support the audience to absorb the huge amount of data and media organizations have to adapt their strategies to this massive technological change.
Nowadays, television and films are gathered via internet, mobile and linear/non-linear broadcasting. This new multi-platform environment creates new opportunities for the key actors of the creative sector such as producers, distributors and broadcasters to define innovative paths of collaboration and more synergy with SMEs.
Registration is open - and we still have a few seats available! In case you are interested in participating in the event please register here.
Programme and organisation
|Elena Lai||Liana Digka||MediaRoad|
|Secretary General (CEPI)||Policy Adviser (CEPI)||email@example.com|
|+32 (0) 22311299|
Please klick here to register for the workshop.
Shuttlebus Nice airport - Monaco
There are shuttles from Nice Côte-d'Azur Airport to Monaco that run 24/7; the regular line n°110 runs from 7:00 to 21:00h. The express shuttle provides a direct link to the city centre via the motorway, every 30 minutes! (less than 30 minutes to get to Monaco)
Shuttle information, possibility to by online tickets (one way and return) : http://uk.niceairportxpress.com
There is a stop at the Monte-Carlo Bay which is next to the Meridien and a 10/15 min walk from Odalys.
Where to take the shuttles?
- Terminal 1: Gate A0
- Terminal 2: Between Gate A1 and A2
In case you need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CONVERGING MEDIA IN A DIGITAL WORLD, CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
PANEL 1: CONTENT PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION IN THE NEW TECHNOLOGICAL SYSTEM, HOW TO COMBINE CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION?
- Alejandra Panighi, Director of Digital Content, Mediapro
- Colin Bortner, Director Public Policy EMEA, Netflix
- Albéric Lehuédé, TeamTo Animation
- Agustin Alonso, RTVE Spain Playz
PANEL 2: WHAT ROLES ARE NEW SKILLS AND NEW DIGITAL LITERACY PLAYING FOR ADAPTING TO THE MASSIVE TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE? HOW CAN DIGITAL SKILLS HELP TO BUILD A MORE COMPETITIVE EUROPEAN MARKET? HOW TO GET PREPARED FOR IT?
- Jan Vermoesen, Director at Mediarte Belgium and project partner at Creative Skills Europe
- Nathalie Labourdette, Head EBU Academy
- Celine Verdier, Producer at Shibuya Production, Monte-Carlo production company
- Leif Holst Jensen, head of Westerdals Institute of Film and Media, Kristiania University College
- Peter Freitag, Digital Expert Group of European Federation of Journalists (EFJ)
PANEL 3: SHAPING THE FUTURE EMBRACING INNOVATION: WHAT NEW OPPORTUNITIES IN THE EUROPEAN MARKET?
- Sarah Geeroms (Project Leader VRT Sandboxes International) and Kris Peeters (Executive Producer Drama at VRT), VRT MediaRoad Sandbox Hub and the European network of media innovation incubators and accelerators.
- Filip Bobinski, Producer at Dramedy, Czech Republic Production companies’ perspectives and potential collaborations
- Michelle Olley, Head of Marketing, Producer at Kallisti GmbH Production companies’ perspectives and potential collaborations
Please have a look at our video summary!