Rai – Centro Ricerche, Innovazione Tecnologica e Sperimentazione, Via Cavalli 6, Torino (Italy)
Open Innovation Day
The Rai Centre for Research, Technological Innovation and Experimentation is organizing the second edition of its “Open Innovation Day” workshop. The event will be addressed to European Broadcasters and innovative startups.
The event is targeted to startups and small enterprises offering innovative solutions to technical and editorial problems in the area of media, with the goal of improving the knowledge in their areas of interest, creating a network of stakeholders and contributing to innovation in the media industry. The day will be divided into two distinct moments.
During the first part of the day, the innovation activities carried out by Rai and European guest broadcasters will be outlined, with an introduction to the "Sandbox" concept as leveraged by MediaRoad. In the second part of the day, startups and private companies will present projects, development topics, solutions and prototypes related to subjects of interest to the world of media.
Programme and organisation
|Centro Ricerche, Innovazione Tecnologica e Sperimentazioneemail@example.com|
Please find an event summary, with overview of the 11 participating startups / scaleups here.
- The MediaRoad Project, Ralf Neudel, IRT
- Innovation at RAI CRITS, Gino Alberico, RAI CRITS
- Personalizing Radio with Smart Speakers, Paolo Casagranda, RAI CRITS
- Advanced Content Management & Coding Technologies, Alberto Messina, RAI CRITS
- 5G and Media Company - Towards 5G Broadcast, Vittoria Mignone, RAI CRITS
- Innovation at BBC, Dr. Adrian Woolard, BBC
- Innovation at IRT, Ralf Neudel, IRT
- An academia-industry alliance to foster media innovation, Mounir Krichane, EPFL
SCALEUP and STARTUP PITCHES